Re: HIF queries.

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: HIF queries.
From: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:04:35 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My Twin-cam motor died in a most exspensive manner and I replaced it with an
Ital 1275 with an MG Metro Head, HIF 44 with BDL needle,  MG Metro cam,MG
Metro......etc.  It's a lot more peppy than any other 1275 that I have
owned.  I think that the cam is close to the 731 profile but Mr. Vizards'
book will tell more.  It is timed at 8* btdc at 1500 rpm with the vac off
and the only mods are to move the vac take-off inboard by 3 mm and to fit a
K&N over a lathed-up-on-a-friday-afternoon-in-a-hurry ram pipe.  Nice
Motor!!!  The down side is that it was a carb designed for a fwd Metro and I
have been told that when cornering left, the float chamber feels as though
it is in a car that is decellerating.  In thoery that is true.  However, I
cannot tell the difference and it probably ads 0.000001 seconds to the 0-60
mph time.

Anyone else tried this setup?