Re: HIF queries.

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: HIF queries.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:25:14 -0500
Cc: soavero@yahoo.com, derfman@eatel.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 22/12/99 03:07:44 GMT Standard Time, soavero@yahoo.com
> writes:
>
> << I plan to use one
>  > on a 1275 Midget and so far have heard from one
>  > other person who had
>  > poor results.  >>
>
> Frank?
>
> Daniel1312

Yup, that would be me.
I have it back on the A40 and again, there is NO WAY this carb and a 40
DCOE are  as Vizard says "similar in flow" Well maybe they are similar
in flow but the Weber will blow the doors off the HIF.
I went thru all of the needles, I filed down needles, cut springs, used
thick oil, thin oil, no oil, you name it if someone suggested it, I
tried it.
The only positive thing I can find on the HIF44 is good mileage.
I put the SU back on the A40 and that day my daughter started
complaining "I want the Weber back" I don't car about mileage, I want to
go fast!"

Now unless I have something way out of line on my set up like the needle
is in upside down or something weird like that, but I tried a few
different carbs on 2 different manifolds and there was no difference,
even switching the needles makes no difference except for idling.

What I want to hear from are people who have tried both the HIF and a
Weber side draft on the same car. Bench testing is one thing but my car
doesn't drive on a bench. Lets see some ROAD tests.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ