Re: Yet another ignition problem

To: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Yet another ignition problem
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:22:18 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,
        In "dumb parts guy parlance" (that's me!).... it'll cause a voltage
spike
and that crackling sound you hear is the diodes blowing-up.
        For an EXCELLENT treatise on the subject of alternators, I can't
recommend
highly enough the Vintage Triumph Register maintenance pages at
www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator-overview.html by Dan Masters and
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator-repair.html by Charlie Brown. Both
of whom should be credited with a lucid and relevant discussion. Note also
in these 2 pages the description of the "glowing charge light"... an oft
broached topic on this list. And looking around you'll find some generator
to alternator conversion advise.
        I hope you find this helpful. If you've not visited this site before,
enjoy, and consider the recommendation a present from me.
        Have a very Merry Christmas.
        Peter C
----