Re: Yet another ignition problem

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yet another ignition problem
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:29:11 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/19/99 3:08:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< it has been
 difficult to hold a charge lately.  >>

That would be a clue that the battery is at fault.   Also the age of the
battery--I have observed over the years that a 36 month battery is good for
about 36-40 months, a 60 month battery for somewhere around 60 months, then
kaput!!!!   I know, I know, we are going to hear about somebody's 12 month
battery that was installed in 1945 and is still cranking, but I think that
would be a rarity.  At least, my batteries seem to be true to their warranty
length for some reason.  How do you reckon they know that?  8^)

You might place the good battery from which you jumped the car into the car
and connect it if you want to test a known good battery to see if that solves
the problem.

But it sounds like the battery is at least part of if not all of your problem
to me.

--David C.