Re: Rumor?

To: "Swift Justice" <samesq@pacbell.net>, "Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: Rumor?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:23:17 -0800
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I am possibly a little luckier than many other LBC hobbyists out there.  I
got into Midgets in 1984.  At that time I established a relationship with a
local import car parts store.  Over the years I have become quite good
friends with the various employees who have come and gone, and the owner.
The owner vintage races British cars, sponsors local British car events, and
stocks a great many parts for all LBC's.  Knowing his address and home
number allows me to grab parts even on Sundays and evenings, gives me access
to technical help, has helped introduce me to local garages that I can trust
when the job is over my head.  My point is, if you can find someone locally
who also is in this for the love of the car, give them the business.  They
get their parts from all the major suppliers at a discount, you buy local,
and both businesses can thrive.  I walked in to my local guys shop and told
him about Moss's sale flyer, and he beat their price on every item but one,
and I bought that from him anyway.  Guess where most of those parts came
from...that's right, Moss.  And I didn't have to wait for them, or pay
shipping, cause he had them in stock.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget