Re: Distributor?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:25:12 -0800 (PST)
Found an old Lucas centrifugal-only dizzy (Cooper S?
Not sure of part number, 23D or 25D?) from Paul
Dolloff of the list.  Also had one previously on loan
from Frank Clarici.  Nice improvement over vacuum
advance unit, much higher revving, seems to keep
advancing forever.  I was using a Pertronix Ignitor
electronic ignition, but I switched back to points.
Points seemed more stable at high RPM, which is a
little counter-intuitive, but it was so.

--- Clint Bergst <cbergst@netgate.net> wrote:
> I just got a Mallory dual point (2332001) with a
> Mallory Promaster coil with
> ballast for my rebuilt (Mini Mania) 1275 in my
> Bugeye.
>
> Got them from Samual at Century Performance on the
> web
> (www.centuryperformance.com). The distributor was
> $157 and the coil was $69.
> Good service both via email and phone, and got the
> parts in less than a week.
>
> An electronic version is available, but is quite a
> bit more $$$.
>
> Usual disclaimers...just a happy customer.
>
> Dave Franks wrote:
>
> > I am considering a new distributor for my 67
> Sprite. The engine comes back
> > from the machine shop rebuild in the next couple
> of weeks. I am rebuilding
> > what was close to a rust bucket for Vintage Racing
> so the engine will be
> > slightly built with a reground cam, LCB header and
> 9.75 to 1 compression.
> > Any suggestions on distributors. I know several
> folks who run the old Lucas
> > with the Pertronix electronics. MM recently had
> Aldons (sp?) on sale. What
> > do the list experts think?
> >
> > BTW I used patch panels to replace the rusted out
> sections. I ordered them
> > from a M*ss reseller, they all came from England
> and the fit was great. They
> > also cost a lot less then comparable American
> parts. Just my experience in
> > the body part department.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Franks