Re: Distributor?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:32:46 EST
For some years I used SCR controlled capacitor discharge ignitions (CD's)
systems.  They took the load off of the points and gave you a better spark.
Wonder if they are still around or did they go away when points disappeared
from newer cars??  Still have a CD unit on the old van and have been thinking
about taking it off and putting it on the Mk III.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)
1973 Ford Van (back to being just a truck)
1988 Ford Festiva (daily driver)
1991 Motor Home (vacation time)

In a message dated 1/14/00 7:52:39 PM, spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< Ron Soave wrote:

> Found an old Lucas centrifugal-only dizzy (Cooper S?
> Not sure of part number, 23D or 25D?) from Paul
> Dolloff of the list.  Also had one previously on loan
> from Frank Clarici.  Nice improvement over vacuum
> advance unit, much higher revving, seems to keep
> advancing forever.  I was using a Pertronix Ignitor
> electronic ignition, but I switched back to points.
> Points seemed more stable at high RPM, which is a
> little counter-intuitive, but it was so.

Same here, I tried the Mallory dual point but went back to a Lucas
centrifical.
Same on the Ignitor, it works for about a year then it quits. So back to
points for me too.

--
Frank Clarici >>