Re: High beam dip switch XLBC

To: fisher@hctc.net, michael.graziano@csfb.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High beam dip switch XLBC
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:13:02 EST
In a message dated 1/19/00 4:41:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
michael.graziano@csfb.com writes:

<< Actually,  I think he did buy _THE_ London Bridge.  The one most people
 assume to be the London Bridge is actually called the Tower Bridge (which is
 still there) , and is located just ouside the Tower Of London over the River
 Thames.  I need to check with a few Brit friends to be sure, though.  Maybe
 a web search....... >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's the info off the Arizona web site:

"The famed London Bridge which spanned the River Thames for almost 140 years,
from the 1830's until 1968, now connects Lake Havasu City's mainland and
island! The bridge survived a terrorist attack in 1884 and the bombing from
the Germans in both World Wars. But it could not withstand the forces of
nature, as it was sinking into the River Thames' clay bottom.

In 1968, the City of London decided to sell its bridge for $2.6 million to
Robert P. McCulloch, founder of Lake Havasu City, who needed a bridge to
connect the city to an island in the lake. The island was created in order to
remove an obstruction that blocked water flow from the Colorado River into
Thompson Bay. It took three years to carefully take down, ship and
reconstruct the landmark bridge, and more than $7 million to rebuild it in
Lake Havasu City. But on October 10, 1971, London Bridge was officially
dedicated in Arizona before a crowd of 100,000."

It is not Tower Bridge, which is much prettier.  I wonder if it leaks oil?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport