Re: differentials

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: differentials
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:48:57 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Glen,
When I put a 1275 in my Sprite Mk.II I opted for a 3.9 diff. I previously had a
72 Midget with a stock 1275 and a stock 3.9 diff and that cruised well on the
highways. The engine in my Sprite Mk.II is somewhat modified so I didn't mind
giving up some low-end going with the 3.9 diff. I have been very happy with it.

I believe the 1500's used a 3.7 diff, which would give you even more room at the
top if that's what you want.

For further details, please refer to Frank's forthcoming response.

Jay Fishbein