Re: Dash Light dimmer knob

To: Michael Walter <mwalter@luminet.net>
Subject: Re: Dash Light dimmer knob
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:26:43 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I went out and looked in the shed, damn snow I hate the cold, and I have a RB
dash out there with the dimmer knob. It is black and has a sticker on the face
that lookes like a small gauge. I don't know if this is the correct one for
your car but I am hoping that other listers (Frank) will clarify. The bonnet
release,eww! Been there, done that, it sucks, but is do-able. If you are as
large as Chuck Christ (come to Texas for Spridgtstock, you'll feel in
proportion I'm certain) it may not be do-able. I found that laying under the
car crosswise with your body under the seats and your head under the left seat,
reach your left arm behind the tranny and follow the cable back to the panel it
is mounted in. Use an open end 9/16 wrench to take it loose (fortunately for me
our car leaked enough oil that it didn't rust, just grime covered) it will take
a long time as there is not alot of room to turn your wrench (unless you cut a
cheap one in half) Please bear in mind that I have done this to a 68 so the
tranny size and shape are different and the pull is different (may not be
9/16). It can be done but it is tedious. Best of luck............ Brad