Re: New Kid

To: "Michael Grint" <mgrint@Sympatico.ca>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Kid
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:00:26 -0500
This happened to me. When we brough the first Midget home - a '76 in '77,
we drove to Casper, WY from Denver. Got it in the driveway, a day later,
Monday, I get a cal form the wifey, wont run. Get home that night check
all the normal stuff out, gauge says 1/4 full. spark etc all fine.
Scratching head for 4 days. On Friday I sit and go through the whole
thing again with her on what happened. She went out in the AM to start it
to warm up, it ran while she went in and got ready. When she came back
ouyt is stopped and would not start. I saw the old light bulb!!! Went out
and tapped on the bottom of the fuel tank. Sure enough dry as the
proverbial bone. Also noticed at the same time that the tank was bent
inwards in the center of the bottom. Must backed over sumtin'. Any way
poured some gas in, fired that baby up, and always remembered to fill
before it got to 1/4 full again. Later went and pulled the tank and
pounded the bottom out and it was fine after that, till I wrecked it -
but that is a different story.

Anyway make sure the bottom of the tank is not bent inwards and holding
the float up.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 2/16/00 8:14 PM, mgrint@Sympatico.ca made
the profound statement:

>HI,
>    I'm Mikey, a new kid on the block. I started receiving my E-mail
>last week, and I seem to have come in on the tail end  of some Broohaha
>concerning Brad. I am not sure what that was all about, nor am I sure
>that I want to know. However, I do have a recently restored 1958 Bug Eye
>Sprite. Most of which I did myself, along with some help from a few
>valued friends. My car has the same problem as Daniel ( Feb 14 ). A gas
>gauge that reads a quarter full, but in reality is empty-I found out the
>hard way. Would appreciate some help or advice.
>                                            Mikey

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager