Re: brake fluid change

To: milesgrogg@wwnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake fluid change
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 06:30:25 EST
In a message dated 2/21/2000 1:42:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
milesgrogg@wwnet.net writes:

<< At the very least you will
 probably have dramatically altered the boiling point of the system fluid.  I
 believe the proper choice is to bled the old fluid while replacing with
 fresh brake fluid thus removing any contaminates (absorbed water most
 likely).  >>

Mike makes sense on this to me.  Since water is the basic culprit in failure
of brake lines, it just doesnt make sense to add a water-based, liquid with a
high concentration of water to the system. Maybe try a 190 proof grain which
has only 5% water--but then you would have to refrain from drinking it <G>
and it is expensive for this purpose.

--David C.