Wire Wheel???

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Wire Wheel???
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:36:33 -0500
I have a little dilemmina. I have some chrome wire wheels for the 78
Midget. Recently I have been getting a series of flats. It appears that
the spokes are wearing holes in the tubes. Now before you get all excited
and tell me I need the rubber bands that cover the spoke nipples, let me
tell you I have them, Even got new ones. So shut up, Allen. My tire guy
tells me that the bands only cover the nipples in the center of the wheel
and the ones on the shoulder are exposed. This is true with both the old
bands and the new ones. I figured the chromes were different from the
original wires. But on inspection the wheel profile seems the same. These
are Dayton wires (or is that Dunlop?? whichever were made in Merry Old).

Can I get a wider band? Cut up some tubes? Seal them and go tubeless??

Any ideas??

Thanks

Larry

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.