Re: front bumber, Yes of No

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
Subject: Re: front bumber, Yes of No
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:18:41 -0800 (PST)
I pretty sure, bumper requirements in CA were not established until the 70's,
(hence the rubber bumpered LBC's), and those laws are not retroactive to cars
manufactured before that time. For instance, take a look at all the 'custom
cars' without a front bumper. In any case, I have never ever heard of anyone in
CA being sited for not having a front bumper on their car, in fact, rear
bumpers
are still an 'option' on new pickups here, so I think you can rest easy.
I do have the complete bumper assembly for my car, however, I haven't gotten
around to refinishing the mounting brackets yet, in addition, I do like the way
the car looks without it. Besides, if I did mount it, the first time I scraped
curb, there goes my $100 chrome job.

 - Bryan