Re: front bumber, Yes of No

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front bumber, Yes of No
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:26:05 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Glen,

The front bumper is required in CA. I've been ticketed twice over the years
for not having a front Bumper on the Bugeye and could not talk them out of
it with the "optional equipment" story. The last time was at least 15 years
ago. It is just a fixit ticket and I had the bumper to install and get the
ticket checked off. I think the Bugeye is so old and unknown to most CHP's
that they just let it pass. If you get stopped for something else it might
be a different story. I will definitely try the "optional equipment"
argument again if/when I get stopped again. Now that I have my bonnet hinged
in front a bumper would be a problem. I'd probably have to do a nerf bar of
something if I ever got a ticket.

Larry