Re: Master Cylinder sleeving (dual bore)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder sleeving (dual bore)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 00 18:56:21 EST
>> "dual bore"
               Twice as boring??   :-)

>>When I bench bled my MC, in my very small garage, I had the thing mounted in
>>the vise.  Filled it and pushed in the pushrod.  Well, brake fluid shot out
>>the holes all over the door of my Midget!

  Saw a neat trick in my Mustang magazine just t'other day...
  Take two short pieces of spare brake line with fittings and screw them
into the output holes of the master cylinder.
  Curve the free end up and over to feed back into the reservoir.  Make it
long enough that the free end reaches below the level of the fluid.
  When you bleed the (already clean) master cylinder you can watch the
bubbles in the reservoir, AND you don't have to keep refilling.
  (You also don't spray fluid all over your Midget's door! :-) )
     Ed in NC
 Who's wheel-chocks are learning to shed; and dang good students they are too!