rubber mats

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rubber mats
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:14:11 -0500
Spridgeteers,

I pulled the carpet and pad from the passenger footwell and found a
turquoise rubbed rubber mat under it all against the metal pan and
running up the firewall.  Amazingly, it is in great shape except for
the carpet glue. It has little cups in the same location as the snaps
on the floorboards.

I am planning to replace the carpet padding, but not the carpet as
it's in good shape. I had planned to stick on a few Q-pads to deaden
sound then add a layer of heat and sound absorbing material as sold
by JCW. Is there a reasons to put the rubber mats back in?

Jeff
Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html