Special thanks

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Special thanks
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:31:43 -0800
Friday night I posted work that HAD to be done to 2 of my LBCs (wipers
on one, heater motor on the other) and work I WANTED to do to my Bugeye
(carpet, seats, dash) Well I replaced the heater motor on the A40
Saturday and jumped into the wipers on PIECES, bent rack tube inturn
caused the wiper motor to burn out.
I fixed them both.
Sunday was a day for putzing with my new "accessorize" dash, new
carpets, and new seats in my yellow Bugeye.
I want to thank the folks on the list for offers of heater and wiper
motors but I want to especially thank Kevin Valentine for driving 3
hours (one way) to help me work on my car. He made a sub harness for the
dash supplied terminals, tools, and laughs. Then after lunch we did a
complete carpet job, not a kit, we cut, fit, trimmed, and glued in $20
worth of auto carpet for a super nice job. (My own tech tip on this is
on PDLJMPR) I never did the "we tight" carpets to MY Bugeye, I did all
my other Sprites, Mini, and A40. It looks so much nicer then the kits
that almost fit. My carpets fit perfectly, no seams, no edge bindings,
not a lot of little pieces and for a total cost of $28 with glue. My new
dash is in and everything works including my new Smiths clock, Smiths
Vacuum gauge, Smiths Fasten Seat Belt gauge which was a gift from Chuck
Christ (Thanks Again Chuck) along with the stock dual gauge, fuel,
speedo, and tach, and 7 toggle switches each with a function all Lucas
of course.
Tomorrow night I may get to the seats. They are ready to bolt in.
Maybe a tune up and oil change and I'll be ready for the new century.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ