Re: How to determine ground?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: How to determine ground?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:56:36 -0600
Cc: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
This may help... or not.... we try.
        If there is an alternator, then it is negative ground necessarily. BUT,
generator could be either. You may be fortunate to have an ignition coil
marked + and -... if the - goes to the points, then it is neg ground. If
the coil is marked SW and CB, that wont help. Also, the electronic tach, if
unadulterated, says Positive or Negative earth.  Then again, what do you
want it to be? What is your fuel pump? Make it so.
        Peter C
----