Re: How to determine ground?

To: nosimport@mailbag.com
Subject: Re: How to determine ground?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:26:37 EST
Cc: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
OK, coil SW=connection to power (switch), CB= connection to points
(contact breaker).  All wiring diagrams I have, these are in pos grnd
cars.  If run in Neg grnd cars, just reverse the connections and it works
right.  IE: SW to dist.

Pay attention to the face of the tach to see if neg or pos grnd.  Most of
the time, they are right. Who knows what coils have been replaced, but
they will work properly if hooked up right.  If the car had been pos
ground and then the battery is now installed as neg grnd, then at start
up over 90% of the time the regulator will repolarize itself in about 5
seconds.    If not, shut off the engine and brush a wire from the battery
hot side over the F terminal on the regulator to repolarize it.  Just
brush it over, NO DEAD SHORTS please!

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.