Re: How to determine ground?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: How to determine ground?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:15:01 -0600
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Yes.... you'd get spark at the points, the coil fires weakly, and the car
runs poorly, but it will run if polarity is reversed on the coil. There's a
test for that. Perhaps someone else can suggest a test noting the polarity
of the regulator? My caffeinated brain cells are suggesting to me that if
the ground is reversed from what the gen/reg is "used" to then one'd have
to polarize/re-polarize the reg. Does that make sense, or is my synaptic
wiring shorted?
        Peter
--