Re: Zoning and LBCs

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zoning and LBCs
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:11:54 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Its a postal worker that owns the cadillac carcasses across the street from
> me.  One of my other neighbors was a letter carrier (he recently passed
> away).  When he first introduced himself to me, he identified himself as
> such, but said that he hadn't worked in 18 months because he had an anxiety
> disorder peculiar to postmen.  And he said it with a straight face.  He
> turned out to be a nice fellow in the end.

I knew a mail man and he used to talk about the stress of the job.  He always
said the I did not understand.  When I asked if the people on his route were
swapping house numbers he did not find it funny. That would make the job either
stressful or funny, not sure which.  I still don't understand the stress
involved with walking house to house putting some mail in the boxes.  Do UPS
for FedEx workers have such problems?  Maybe they make fun of the USPO workers
to relive stress?

Bill Gilroy