Re: 948 exhaust manifold

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: 948 exhaust manifold
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:55:59 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> Anyone have any tricks for curing the exhaust leak one a stock 948 manifold
> to pipe flange besides switching to a header? I worked the flange of the
> pipe to the manifold with some gentle hammering before attaching the clamp,
> but it still is letting pressure out.

I never did this personally but learned of it from the Jag list.
Mix some silicone gasket goo and coppersheild electric grease together
and smear in on the exhaust parts.
They say it makes an excellent sealer and keeps things from rusting
together for ease of removal down the road.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ