RE: AARRGGHH!!!

To: "'Ajhsys@aol.com'" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: AARRGGHH!!!
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:59:48 -0400
Listers...

Had a similar preoblem last week. Started Midget, backed out of garage for
a wash, tried to restart - wouldn't...for days...crank, crank, flood,
flood....same deal - no spark. Suspected coil. Nope. Began tracing, and
discovered the culprit was the lead from the wiring harness to the
distributor - there was a break in the wire about an inch in. Clip, new
connector, little heat-shrink tube - Varoom!

My car is a '77 with a Delco dizzy? Seems to be a DPO retro-fit, as I
thought cars of this vintage had electronic distributors. Anyhow, for this
retro-fit, only the black/white wire from the three on the line is used.
The other two have been rendered inoperative (crudely at first, now with
some elegance on my behalf :-) )

My car has also be retro-fitted with some model of SU - and when it idled,
it was at 1000 cold,m but warmed was 1500+...finally, discovered the fast
idle screw, now the car's simply purring..and headed for it's safety on
Wednesday!

'Member my top saga? Just FYI, ordered a vinyl, tan, zip-out windowed
version from Prestige Auto Trim in the UK. 17 days and counting. Price -
very reasonable. With their VAT (Value Added Tax) backed out, it's 124
pounds Sterling (@ 2.37 Cdn). They air-mailed samples of their materials.
Very impressed. And - No ATTITUDE! They were genuinely pleased to deal with
a customer. What a concept!

Uh-oh..I'm ragging....

Terry 'Topless For Now - And Lovin' It' Williams