Re: Looking for used Tools for Ding Repair

To: Soup Weed <soupweed@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for used Tools for Ding Repair
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 14:03:12 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris -

How much of a hurry are you in?  Periodically a decent set will show up
on eBay, and there is always the Flea Market route if you have the
time.  However, if you've never done dent repair before, be careful.
You can easily make things worse rather than better if you're not
careful or don't know just what you are doing.  Some of the techniques
are not so obvious, and even appear counter-intuitive (like tapping on
the >>outside<< of a panel to remove a dent).

Not that it isn't a skill that can't be learned like any other, but I'd
practice on something I cared about a lot less than a bugeye bonnet.

Chris K.