Re: 1500 for 1275 swap

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: 1500 for 1275 swap
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:16:08 EDT
Cc: Retters@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 06/12/2000 2:48:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Ajhsys@aol.com writes:

> Yes, the TR engine was originally used in a tractor, and it did become the
>  1500cc engine used in the Spitfire and the 1500 Midget under BPSL's
(British

>  Phlegm Sucking Leyland) careful guidance.
>
>  Allen Hefner
>  SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward

Ah don' think so Allen...The TR engine, as in TR2, TR3, TR$ er TR4...was
apparently originally a Ferguson design, with cylinder liners...the 1500
engine was another Triumph design (left over from Standard?) that I believe
began life as a much smaller engine and was increased in size well beyond
it's years.

Just like the British to use an antique design forever.  Can you spell
"trunnion"?

The TR (Fergie) engine runs over 2 litres, and will run forever, reguardless
of condition.

TR guys still source Lucas parts from Tractor suppliers.

RH...not an expert, but I do own a TR4...sometimes seen as a TR$.