Re: Bad PARTS from Moss WAS Bad "RUBBER" Parts from Moss

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Bad PARTS from Moss WAS Bad "RUBBER" Parts from Moss
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:50:18 -0400
Cc: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Kelvin,
So, If I understand you correctly,
- In the interests of economy, it is better to offer a poor fitting repro than
an expensive but correct replacement part.
- In certain cases, your company is unable to find suitable manufacturers of
correct replacement parts.
- You wrote: "Many of the parts we supply are made by cottage industry companies
in the UK and elsewhere." Why is your company so afraid to mention the name
Taiwan? You don't mention it here and to my knowledge, you don't mention it in
your catalogues.
- For the sake of discussion, let's accept all of your statements at face value.
How does that account for the poor quality soft goods that are sold? I purchased
a tonneau from your company. It "fits" the car, but is not really for the model
specified and has large plastic zippers that look like something from a ski
shop.

I have no problem with a company selling such items, but you should inform the
buyer. Fancy catalogues that mimic factory parts manuals and list or picture
almost every part for that vehicle create the illusion that all parts are
available, correct fitting, and of high quality.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT