Re: Wheel question

To: "SueCallaham" <wadleigh@syix.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel question
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:39:59 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Sue
If you want the look of a wire wheel without the knockoff hassle you might
want to consider bolt on wires. British Wire Wheel in sunny California
should have them. I was considering a set for my Daimler but stayed with
steel wheels and covers instead.
If you have some already that aren't all beat up and bent, just count the
spokes, and count the number of threads in one inch on the hub or wheel. You
could always get a thread gauge I suppose, but you should be able to get an
accurate count by eye...
A lot of conversions are done by bolting a splined hub adaptor onto the
existing lugs, cutting off the excess studs and voila... wire wheels.
Talk to British Wire Wheel they can explain everything to you.
http://www.britishwirewheel.com/

Good luck,
John