Bugeye Engine Rebuild

To: GreenBugeye@aol.com, racerbob@hotmail.com, davriker@pacbell.net, mgraziano@mindspring.com
Subject: Bugeye Engine Rebuild
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:18:56 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Boys;

Newcomer to this email list. Please be gentle :)  I currently own a '79
Carmine Red MG Midget and a Cherry Red/Surface Rust :) '59 Bugeye Sprite. The
MG is nearly mint (21K original miles) other than the paint job it
desperately needs and will be getting this spring. The Bugeye is in need of a
complete restoration which I will begin in the Spring as well. My question to
all of you is, any ideas what an engine rebuild for a 948cc should run? I got
a quote for $5000 and nearly had a heart attack. I'm very much a purist and
wish to keep the car as original as possible, but I wasn't sure if any of you
could give me an idea of what prices you have heard of. I plan on keeping the
original smoothcase tranny and will have that rebuilt as well by a company
out of Connecticut, but the engine is an issue! Any insight would be greatly
appreciated!

Kristen

'01 Mitsubishi Eclipse
'79 MG Midget