Re: Bugeye Engine Rebuild

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Engine Rebuild
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:38:01 -0000
From Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls at ado13.com>
To: <Jeff24fan@aol.com>; <GreenBugeye@aol.com>; <racerbob@hotmail.com>;
<davriker@pacbell.net>; <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 21 December 2000 06:06

> You can buy a "built" 1275 for less then $3000 so I would think that would
> be the absolute max to have someone else rebuild it for you. Much cheaper
> then that to do it yourself.

OUCH!!!   #500 ($750ish) will get one over here.  Postage is a bitch,
though!  Paid #220 to get my last 1098 (big bearing) bored/honed/ground, new
pistons, rings, guides, gaskets and timing chain kit.  Rebuilding it from
parts wasn't expensive in terms of time.  Next you're gonna tell me that you
can't buy ribcase BMC boxes for under #10!!!!