Re: broken lug

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: broken lug
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:23:02 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/2001 11:16:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SDOliner@aol.com writes:

> Left the Bugeye for inspection. Good news was it passed, bad news was the
> impact wrench sheared off one front wheel lug. Guy tells me "Don't worry, I
> tighten the other ones pretty good,  just don't corner too hard."
> I think I should worry. Anyway, I can't seem to find a source for a
> replacement. Need lug and wheel.

Yes, I think you have a case for worry too, since you are only running on 3
lugs.  Of course, the jerk who used the unadjusted impact wrench will pay for
the damage?  That would piss me off royally, especially if he gave me that
flippant "don't worry" attitude.  By his "tightening the other ones pretty
good", he has probably stressed them to near the breaking point, so my guess
is that they should be replaced as well.

--David C.