Re: broken lug

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: broken lug
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:36:02 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Actually, what you need (IMO) is to have the shop replace the lug and
wheel or pay you for it, including the charges of a finder service
for locating a good-as-new wheel and hub.  There is no excuse for
their having done this and they need to make it right. I would go to
the shop manager, tell him what happened, and tell him that his
mechanic is dispensing DANGEROUS advice. Driving a 4-lug wheel on 3
lugs is dangerous. The guy is an idiot for damaging your car and he's
a special, top-notch idiot for the advice he gave you. Just my
opinion, of course... :)

At 11:14 AM -0400 7/11/01, SDOliner@aol.com wrote:
>Left the Bugeye for inspection. Good news was it passed, bad news was the
>impact wrench sheared off one front wheel lug. Guy tells me "Don't worry, I
>tighten the other ones pretty good,  just don't corner too hard."
>I think I should worry. Anyway, I can't seem to find a source for a
>replacement. Need lug and wheel.
>David Oliner
>60 Bugeye
>67 TR 4A

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu