Re: broken lug

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: broken lug
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:17:15 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Correction:  The bad news is that your Bugeye was inspected by an idiot who uses
an impact wrench to tighten lug nuts.  "Don't worry, I tightened the other ones
pretty good..." translates to "In addition to breaking one lug, I weakened the
other three for you."  Do not drive the car until the lugs are replaced.

You shouldn't worry.  You should instead have them pay to replace the broken
lug,
as well as any others that they used an impact wrench on.  The lugs are
available
at Mo$$ (Rear: 265-540 $4.45 ea  Front: 264-415 $4.95 ea.), or from other
suppliers.

If the shop that broke the lug gives you a hard time, I'd bet that one of the
Legal Eagles on the list would be able to convince them.  The point here is not
to gouge them, but to make clear that shoddy work has negative consequences.

Chris K.

P.S. Where is this place, so nobody else takes a decent car there.

.