Re: Still Overheating

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu, mgraziano@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Still Overheating
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:16:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 12:43 PM 7/13/2001, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/11/2001 3:06:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu writes:
>

> > My Weber DGV manifold has the water attachments, for whatever they are
> > worth. It is just a "T" with the cross open and the leg closed. Total
> length
> > the water runs through is like 2 1/2 inches. Just over enough for 2 hose
> > clamps.
> >

>Larry-  I think that is for the water operated choke. Mine is an electrically
>activated choke and does not have the water fittings.
>
>--David C.
========
David, I thought you were backpacking! Don't tell me you drag a PC around
with you! LOL
         Many manifolds have water connections to prevent venturi icing at
high humidity and low temperature conditions. The other way to accomplish
the same task is to run a pre-heater pipe from near the exhaust manifold to
the air intake.
         hth, again.
         PeterC