Re: Friday the 13th and Judson-Double Whammy!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Friday the 13th and Judson-Double Whammy!
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:20:55 -0400
Actually, the electric fan on my old Chrysler Horizon ate a lot of
batteries. You can only drain 'em so many times. Dealership told me
the same thing - this can't be why the battery is run down. The only
reason for the fan run-on in that car was to cut down on
post-engine-shutdown vapor lock. I finally replumbed the wiring such
that it did not run after shutdown. Never had vapor lock, never had a
heat-related problem, never had a dead battery again in that car.

>My electric fan runs after the car is shut off. They should not draw enough
>juice to kill a battery. I even had an old battery and the fan would not
>kill it. I think you have an extra ground someplace, or the gen/alt ain't
>doing its job.
>
>Larry

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>