Re: wire wheels

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <birdman@lightspeed.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheels
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:03:51 -0600
Well Allen is almost right. I have new wheels, but they are not on the car
yet. I am in Wyoming and headed for Jellystone in the AM. I will get the
wheels mounted as soon as I get back. The ones I am removing are rusty (on
the finish) chromes and I have 4 refurbished ones for a Spit. You are more
than welcome to one or more. The wires on the chromes are good, but I don't
know about painting them, nor are the wheels true. The painted wires are in
good shape, but the hubs will not fit a Spridget. But the wires are good to
go. In fact if you had some good hubs you could use the rest of the wheel as
is (assuming the spokes are the same length (I don't have any idea).

Larry

PS I will be back in PA on the first.