Re: Brake pads

To: davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake pads
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 06:34:08 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/2001 1:01:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> Has anybody heard of or used "Axis Metal-Masters" disc brake pads?  Street
> driving intended.  Interested in fade resistance, stopping distance, life
> expectancy, and how hard they are on rotors.

No, I haven't tried these, but I have another brake pad question, while they
are being discussed.  In some of the catalogues you can purchase stick-on
foil patches that you stick onto the back of brake pads to eliminate
"squeal".  I have a roll of stainless steel tape that I bought at a surplus
store years ago--it is great stuff for lots of uses.  I was wondering if that
stuff might serve the same purpose as the stick-on foil?

--David C.