Re[2]: Brake pads

To: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Brake pads
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:34:12 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 10:20 PM 7/30/2001, Bill Gilroy wrote:
>Hello Peter,
>When I replace the pads on mine and my wife's cars, I get the lifetime
>replacement pads from the local auto parts store.  Not sure who's
>lifetime they are supposed to last,
------
A gnat's.

Bill,
         Don't get me started on the lifetime warranty business, especially
on parts that are supposed to wear out, get used up, and be replaced! You
are experiencing the reality of the guarantee. There are many tricks in the
game. I don't know them all.
         Anyway, try the Axxis-Repco brand. Your car may not use Metal
Masters. Their organic compounds are very, very good as well. They are not
"racing" pads. They are among the highest quality pads you can buy, along
with Pagid, Jurid, and Mintex. (Pagid and Jurid are primarily focused on
European cars). You will not be displeased, I promise. And, to avoid any
hint of impropriety, I'll tell you the part number and where to buy them.
         Cheap pads and cheap rotors are flooding the market place. The
rotors have a singular country of origin. Avoid them, they pit, warp, and
can crack. Bad pads wear like cardboard.
         But, hey, it's only brakes.
         Peter C