RE: loose but new bearings BUMMER!

To: "'Peter C.'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>, "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: loose but new bearings BUMMER!
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:59:06 -0400
for the end all source for roller/ball bearings/seals etc. ..

lflaherty@bdi-usa.com  bdi = Bearing Distributors Inc..

ask for Lena. (yes as in RCCSA girl.)

if she cant find it, and get it for you..it probably doesn't exist.
she's supplied me with every roller/ball/type bearing i have ever needed for
anything.

roller bearings will take side loads that ball bearings wont, that's there
design intent.
the rollers spread the load over a greater area. and since we have side loads
as well as up and down loads. they work best.
and yes. in my opinion the spacer AND shimming is necessary for proper loading.
we use Timken when available, FAG is second choice..
R(wnik)kansa/RCCSA

"rollin rollin rollin, keep them doggies rollin, rawhide...."