Re: The end of Speedvision

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:10:06 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:51:21 EDT Ajhsys@aol.com writes:
> Here is a pretty depressing article.  It looks like we will be losing
> all
> that matters on Speedvision, thanks to Fox.
>
> http://charlotte.bcentral.com/charlotte/stories/2001/10/15/story6.html

"We don't think it can be just NASCAR 24 hours a day out of the gate,"
Brooks says. "It will have some other racing elements. That's probably
the right mix to get us started."

Ptui!  Looks like it will be NASCAR 24 hours a day eventually.  If I
didn't already get it as part of my basic package I would cancel my
subscription.

Mourn with me, Legends of Motorsport, the Goodwood Revival and Festival
of Speed, My Classic Car, Dreamcar Garage, movies like Grand Prix.

Expect to see lots of WWF commercials in the future...

Waaaah!

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD