Re: The end of Speedvision

To: BillH@aaai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:04:00 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/01 9:10:31 AM, BillH@aaai.com writes:

<< I'm actually the same. Even here in the Silicon Valley/ San Francisco
Bay area Speedvision is limited. I can't get it on my cable system. In
fact I don't know anyone who does unless they have a dish. If I had a
clear southern view I'd get satellite and dump cable. >>

We have Dish in north San Diego and the only way we can get  Speedvision is
to get a 'Sports Package' of umpteen sports channels that we don't already
get, including Speedvision.  This is not good news to someone who considers
useful spectator sports to consist of car racing, tennis, billiards (pool),
and figure skating, although skating is getting  pretty iffy of late.  IMHO
TV ruined it by getting rid of the figures that are the base of figure
skating and are unimaginably dull to watch.  Bottom line.  They all jump,
they all spin, they all do neat steps, but few of them dance and fewer really
skate--just one little jumping clone after another.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)