Re: Gearbox Painting

To: eddie_sheffield@yahoo.com, Clayton La Baw <clabaw@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Gearbox Painting
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:52:51 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Eddie -

I think that it goes like this: if the ignition is on AND someone is
sitting in the seat AND the belt for that seat is not latched, then a light
and/or buzzer comes on when you put it in gear.  Not sure if it has to be a
specific gear, or just any one.

Lord, save us from people who feel that they must save us from ourselves!

Clay L
'67 Sprite + deux chats

At 02:27 PM 10/30/01 -0500, Eddie Sheffield wrote:
>Huh! Well that's a surprise. My '71 doesn't have all the seat belt warning
>stuff on it, so I was surprised by the mention on a 'seat belt warning'
>switch on the tranny. But I looked at the schematic and there it was! I
>thought maybe it was a neutral lockout or something. So how does that work?
>Do the warnings (light and buzzer) only come on when the trans is in gear? Or
>do they go out then? Or something else? Doesn't look like there is any
>provision for a timer circuit in there like most newer cars have.
>
>Eddie
>1971 Midget
>
>On Tuesday 30 October 2001 12:04 pm, Clayton La Baw wrote:
> > Frank -
> >
> > Thanks, I'll look into Aluma-blast.
> >
> > This is a '72 'box, I think.  It has switches for a reverse light and for
> > the 'seat belt warning' .  It has the remnants of black (I think) paint all
> > over.
> >
> > Clay L.
> > '67 Sprite + deux chats
> >
> > At 05:19 PM 10/29/01 -0500, Frank Clarici wrote:
> > >Ribcase trannys were never painted.
> > >But Eastwoods "Aluma Blast" looks just like raw aluminum and will keep it
> > > from oxodizing. It makes em look real purrty!
> > >--
> > >
> > >Frank Clarici
> > >Toms River, NJ
> > >United We Stand
> > >http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut
DISCLAIMER: JPL now requires notice in all electronic communication that
all personal and professional opinions presented herein are my own and do
not, in any way, represent the opinion or policy of JPL.