URGENT FEDERAL

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: URGENT FEDERAL
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 06:55:39 -0800 (PST)
Listers,

Any government sponsored program that leads to the general thinking that
old cars = unsafe, dangerous, pollutiom producers that should be relegated
to museums, parades, and car shows mentality which is building amongst the
ever-growing non-car savy public that feels we should all be driving Hondas
and Toyotas - It is much easier to point the polution finger at older cars
than get people onto public trnsport or out of big, safe trucks and still
look like they are trying to find solutions. Write your government
officials and let them know that we are out here and mad as hell!!!  Can't
hurt and might help!

Take care to get what you like, or you
will be forced to like what you get.
- George Bernard Shaw

"Somebody has to do something, and it's
just incredibly pathetic that it has to
be us."
- Jerry Garcia

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA

OTHER COMMENTS FROM AUTOX LISTERS ON THIS SUBJECT

Interesting concept, but I think they should give out bus passes instead
of cash and credit if they were seriously trying to improve things.
Legislation like this is just the 1st step toward the "Japanese Solution"
- cars older than 4 years in Japan are virtually legislated out of
existence by the web of restrictive legislation, strict repair rules, and
costly fees required to keep older cars "legal." And look where the
Japanese economy is--in the dumper.

Chet Floyd

Mate you guys are up against a good fight just get your federal
government to put all your old  (still good ) relics especially moggys
on a car carrier and ship them else where I am sure that any enthusiast
will contribute, its a problem that I can see could get nasty,we in good
old GODZONE have had a new law passed,that if your car emits smoke for
more than  10 seconds  you will be getting a ticket,but hey if you want
to keep on using your vehicle then fix it,I know that it's only for the
minor few that could not give a stuff,but we must protect our
environment any way possible.

Murray Jones
NZ

It is my assessment that if the self serving bustards want your old car,
they'll come and get it out of your garage, and if you bitch they'll shoot
you as part of a radical faction of anti-new car outlaws.

I think we need to get ready for computer controlled Yugo type cars with a
top speed of 37 MPH and with cameras inside so if you flip somebody off
they can fine you $10,000.00 for exposing children to obscene gestures. If
you smoke you'll be drawn and quartered for fouling the air. And you'll
have to file a travel agenda and if you stop in an unscheduled place you
can be brought up on military charges. There won't be a reason to stop
anywhere else as soon as the National Parks system is dismantled for
housing development and resource removal, like the sulfur from Yellowstone
and rock from Yosemite. Of course these will be "gasoline" Yugo type cars!

The one thing that will not change is clean air gasoline unless they "give"
us clean air electricity made from coal burning generators owned by the
same "who cares what you think" folks.

And you will like it or die!

Good luck.
Larry Jennings