Re: request for reprive for ED from the spridget list

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: request for reprive for ED from the spridget list
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:23:32 -0600 (CST)
Cc: mjb@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
I also spent a while being annoyed by Ed, and have since learned to
appreciate him.  I suspect that if I knew him better, that we might be
friends.

However, if that were the case, I'd be telling him, as a friend, that
he sems to spend way too much of his time PO'ed at the world.  Ed, if
you're out here listening, you'd be much better off if you'd take the
time to figure out what the burr under your saddle blanket is, and
deal with it.

That having been said, in my mind Ed crossed a line when he libeled
another lister on both the Spridgets and MGs lists.  (Being caustic
and calling someone nasty names is one thing, but publically accusing
them of intentionally ripping you off is another.)  Things got
straightened out thanks to another lister who knew more of the story,
but I don't recall ever seeing a public retraction from Ed.  (If there
was one, I missed it.)

Should Ed be permanently banned?  I don't know.  He does bring a lot
of knowledge to the table, but it comes with a pile of baggage.

Was Mark within his rights to boot him?  Definitely.

My $ 0.02