Re: Compressor evaluation

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressor evaluation
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:40:07 -0800 (PST)
Mike,

Obviously, you can't be trusted with sharp objects!
:o)))

Tell Winnie to buy you a round nosed box cutter so you
don't cut yourself next time! :o)))

Sorry to hear about the gash but good to know you're
settling into your new home with equipmet to take on
more LBC projects. :o)

Happy New Year!

Dan

--- mgraziano@mindspring.com wrote:
> Got a compressor this weekend.  The SO put the nix
> on the 60 gallon (my fault really.  shouldn't have
> gone to get it with her). So I ended up with the 25
> gallon (135 PSI) PorterCable oil lube compressor
> with 6HP.  Not as much CFM, but OK for everything I
> want except the blast cabinet and the painting
> (which I won't get around to for quite a # of years
> anyway).
>
> Seems like a real nice unit.  Quiet, and easy to set
> up.  Runs on 110V as well.  Also gets up to peak
> pressure pretty quick.
>
> The two bad things of note are:  1) the cutoff
> pressure appears to be 140PSI, not 135PSI (and I
> don't think it's adjustable),  and 2) the valve for
> shutting pressure to the hose is somewhat flimsy.
> Long term durability remains to be seen.
>
> I did, however, pick up a few air tools as well.
> Upon setting them up, I learned a valuable lesson.
> The trip to the drawer for the scissors to open up
> the tool packaging is much shorter than the trip to
> the hospital to sew up the 2" gash in your thumb
> from the box cutter that was conveniently right next
> to you.  Oh, and apparently you should tell your
> wife immediately when you do something like that
> (not clean and dress the wound, boot up the PC, log
> onto the internet, find the nearest hospital, get
> the address, go to mapquest, find the directions,
> print them out, then tell her.  Bad idea, in
> hindsight).
>
> Hope everyone had a happy new year's eve. Me, I just
> can't wait for Spring.
>
> Graz

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Alexandria, Va.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.