RE: distributors

To: "'Midgetracers@aol.com'" <Midgetracers@aol.com>, John.Deikis@med.va.gov
Subject: RE: distributors
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:03:46 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey all,

I've still got my wierd carb problem of stalling under hard braking (float
bowl is level with ground, float is set at max (lower makes it worse).  But
after a frustrating weekend, I figure if I cut down on known problems, maybe
that one will get resolved as well.  As you know, I converted my otherwise
stock 1275 Midget from dual 1.25 SUs to a single HS4 on an Oselli
Torquemaster manifold.  The distributor is a stock vacume advance, but I've
been told the vacume off the old twin SU manifold is different than off the
new Oselli single carb manifold - like the distributor now "sees" the vacume
from all four cylinders when before it only "saw" vacume from two cylinders.
Is this the case?  How in the world do I fix this?  Who in this country
would know how to reset the distributor for the correct vacume (since mini's
aren't all that numerous over here).

Bob
'74 MG Midget
'90 944S2