Re: Fw: MINI Announces MSRPs

To: Bushwacker4@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Fw: MINI Announces MSRPs
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:08:48 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01/08/2002 5:52:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Bushwacker4@prodigy.net writes:

> The Chrysler dealers did the same when they brought out the PT Cruiser...
> You can get one today for $1000 off invoice! Wait, the deals will get
> better. I've seen it happen with lots of different cars. Wendy's founder,
> Dave Thomas, paid $75K for a ZR-1 Corvette when they came out. A cherry
> used
> one only brings $25 -30K anymore...
>
> Kent

yeppers....Seems like every car I like has this problem.  I wanted a Miata
back in '89 and they were going for nearly double MSRP...$30K ads in the Wall
Street Journal for used ones!

The PT Cruiser...someone a while back (year and a half?) sold his place in
line for a new one for $6000+!!!!!

Now the Mini...I got on a list in Phoenix, but only got a couple of e-mails
from the fellow.  He probably had to find other work while he waited for them
to come in...

Of course...being "we cheap" I don't like to pay more than 90% of sticker and
nothing for undercoating, upholstery protection, etc.
So looks like I will be driving the ol' F150 for a while.

R Houston

"Every time I took a risk, I made sure that the research and marketing