Rust Control Recommendations

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust Control Recommendations
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:37:38 -0800 (PST)
Looking for suggestions and recommendations. I pulled
the seats out of Bugsy today in preparations for new
carpet. Pulled up the old carpet and tarpaper and
found the majority of the floorpan on both sides to be
rust free, no bad spots and small amounts of surface
rust. In general I'm thrilled with the way things look
underneath it all. My plans are to take a wire wheel
and clean up as much as I can of the surface rust. My
main questions is what product to use to get into
those nooks and crannies where the wire wheel won't
go. Naval Jelly needs to be flushed with water and I
really dont want water all over the garage. I
knowthere are products, the name Corrosion X comes to
mind that claim to turn rust into a black powder that
can be immediately painted over. That's fine as this
area will be unseen and have tarpaper and carpet over
the top.

Any suggestions on paint to be reapplied. Grey Primer
or just Rustoleum.

Anyone had any success in using one of these Vinyl
Repair Kits to fix small upholstery tears. IT looks so
easy to do on TV. How about upholstery paint. Seats
for the most part look great. I'm thinking upholstery
paint will renew the look of the seats and keep me
from recovering the seats. Any comments pro or con?

Thanks in advance for all of your help. Bugsy
continues to look better and better. Once interior is
done then on to bodywork on the Bugeye Bonnet.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/