Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: Larry Macy <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:28:29 -0500
Cc: BritishCarMan@aol.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry Macy wrote:

> Wait'll Frank gets home from work. Are you gonna get it ;-)

I had a 73 Spit which I bought brand new after driving a 67 Sprite.
I went back to Sprites in 1976.
The spit handled fairly well, it was a blast to drive but, like one of the
period
magazines wrote, "Hark the Herald Axles Swing"
The Spit still had the Herald swinging axles. I did my share of tucking the rear
wheels under the car and spinning out. the sprite will slide out but the rear
wheels are hard to tuck under (I would say impossible but I'm sure somebody on
this list has done it)
More minor proof...I did beat a Spit at the autocross 3 out of 3 times.
And the spit was set up for autocrossing where my Sprite was fairly stock at the
time other then a 1275. But the Spit had a 1296cc engine.

As for an MGB outhandling a Spridget, There is something wrong here.

All of the above humble opinions are based on stock setups.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ