RE: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:43:26 -0800
I've not owned many, but pretty much rank mine the same for handling and
fun:

- '65 Sprite:  still have it; I got it somewhere around 1978; I'm in the
process of making it road worthy again; had so much fun in it that I twisted
the rear axel off once (I guess I shouldn't have carried two passengers with
an engine block in the trunk while I was racing other cars away from stop
lights - ahh, those were the days!).
- Fiat X 1/9:  really loved it; it was my first sports car, but it kept
breaking; I doubt one can be found that is running and not rusted out.
- Triumph Vitesse convertible:  I wish I had never sold this one; I am
hoping to get another some day; could drive through a cloudburst with the
top down and never get a drop of water on me as long as I was moving.
- Triumph Herald convertible:  nothing special, but still fun.
- Jaguar 120 with Dodge engine:  terrible conversion; glad to get rid of it.

- '73 Porsche 914:  the jury is still out on this one as I've just acquired
it, and it is not yet running; I expect it will be good.

Joyce
Columbia, SC